Farm Animal Days -2022
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
Lake Wheeler Road Field Laboratory
College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
North Carolina State University
DATE: Wednesday. April 20 through Friday, April 22, 2022
TIME: 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
(least busy times are 9 a.m. and 1 p.m.)
WHERE: NC State University Beef Educational Unit
4505 Mid Pines Rd.
(2 miles south of I-40)
WHAT: Farm Animal Days gives children a chance to see and touch farm animals and learn about agriculture; tractors will also be on display. The event is designed for school field trips (pre-school through first grade). Families and individuals are still welcome to attend.
TO REGISTER, VISIT: go.ncsu.edu/farmdaysregistration
Daily Activities Include (each day)
- Touch the animals: chicks, turkeys, ducks, pigs, sheep, and goats
- Other animals to see: Beef Cow/calf, Dairy Cow, Horses
- Tractors on display
- Molly the Cow and Porky the Pig
- Grass area for picnic
- Free Ice Cream!
- Jr. Wolfpack Club
- One hour is sufficient to see all the exhibits.
Farm Animal Days is brought to you by the departments of Animal Science, Poultry Science and Food, Bioprocessing & Nutrition Sciences in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences at NC State University. The event is hosted by the Lake Wheeler Road Field Laboratory.
If you have special needs or are a person with a disability or desire any assistive devices, services or other accommodations to participate in this activity, please call 919.515.4467 at least two weeks before the event to request accommodations.
To Register, visit: go.ncsu.edu/farmdaysregistration
Question and Answer
- I would like to bring my family, do I have to register? No, you do not have to register prior to your arrival. Just show up.
- I signed up and can not remember what day I put on the form?No worries, come whenever you would like. Just check in at the registration table when you arrive at the event and we can make the corrections.
- Do you offer this event on the weekend, or other times of the year? No, we hold this event once a year. It is always open from 9-2 on Wednesday through Friday.
- How much does it cost? This event is completely free.
Farm Animal Days Sponsors
- Wake County Farm Bureau
- NC Pork Council
- Howling Cow Ice Cream
Silver Sponsors Gold Sponsor
- Colonel William C. Koch Jr, USAF, Ret
- NC Egg Association
- NC State Poultry Science Club
- AgCarolina Farm Credit
- NC Agricultural Foundation, Inc.
- NC State Animal Science Club
On-Site support is welcomed from our visitors to Farm Animals Days! Or visit http://go.ncsu.edu/farmanimaldaysgifts.
Lake Wheeler Road Field Laboratory
Physical Address: 4505 Mid-Pines Rd