Farm Animal Days 2017
March 31: CANCELLED DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER
Lake Wheeler Road Field Laboratory
College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
North Carolina State University
WHEN: March 29-31, 2017
Wednesday through Friday
TIME: 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
(least busy times are 9 a.m. and 1 p.m.)
WHERE: NC State University
Beef Educational Unit
4505 Mid Pines Rd.
(2 miles south of I-40)
WHAT: Farm Animal Days gives children a chance to see and touch farm animals and learn about agriculture; tractors will also be on display. The event is designed for school field trips (pre-school through first grade). Families and individuals are still welcome to attend.
Visit go.ncsu.edu/farmdaysregistration (We are no longer accepting responses for the March 2017 event.)
Daily Activities Include (each day)
- Practice roping for the kids.
- Touch the animals: chicks, turkeys, ducks, pigs, sheep, and goats
- Other animals to see: Beef Cow/calf, Dairy Cow, Horses
- Tractors on display
- Molly the Cow and Porky the Pig
- Grass area for picnic
- Free Ice Cream!
- Jr. Wolfpack Club
- Daily Presentations
- At 10, 11, 12, and 1 each day we will have a short presentation (approximately 15-20 minutes) about animal agriculture. This will be an informal program for kids to learn from our NCSU Employees, Local Producers, and Students about Farm Animals
- One hour is sufficient to see all the exhibits.
Support Farm Animal Days Now!
Farm Animal Days is brought to you by the departments of Animal Science, Poultry Science and Food Science in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences at North Carolina State University and is hosted by the Lake Wheeler Road Field Laboratory.
If you have special needs or are a person with a disability or desire any assistive devices, services or other accommodations to participate in this activity, please call 919.515.4467 at least two weeks before the event to request accommodations.
Question and Answer
- I would like to bring my family, do I have to register?
No, you do not have to register prior to your arrival. Just show up.
- I signed up and can not remember what day I put on the form?
No worries, come whenever you would like. Just check in at the registration table when you arrive at the event and we can make the corrections.
- Do you offer this event on the weekend, or other times of the year?
No, we hold this event once a year. It is always open from 9-2 on Wednesday through Friday.
- How much does it cost?
This event is completely free.
Wake County Farm Bureau
NCSU Animal Science Club
NC Agricultural Foundation, Inc.
NC Farm Bureau Federation, Inc.
NC State’s Howling Cow Ice Cream
NC Agribusiness Council, Inc.
NC Dairy Producers Association
NC Egg Association, Inc.
NC Pork Council
Dr. Frank D. Sargent
4505 Mid-Pines Rd
Questions? Call 919.515.2755